Give a new use to what you no longer occupy; besides helping the environment and beautify your home
n order to contain the expansion of the COVID-19, the society was called to have preventive isolation, the children do not have classes and most people carry out their work activities from home.
But if after finishing your work you still have free time and you don’t know what to do, Bridgestone shares a good alternative to put your creativity into practice when transforming waste tires into useful or decorative objects.
“This is a time that we can share with the family, looking for new options to distract ourselves and be creative. Making products with recycled tires is a simple option that, in addition to contributing to the environment, can be useful to beautify our home, ”said Andrea Barba, Specialist in Public Relations and Social Responsibility for Bridgestone Mexico and Colombia.
With recycled tires you can do many things, but one of the most useful and decorative is the garden pots, we tell you how to make them in just 7 steps:
1. Prepare the materials: Before starting the task, be sure to count the necessary materials, among which are, tires (preferably from 14 to 17-inch wheels), water-based paint, brushes, sharp-pointed screws, a cutter or sharp knife and gloves.
2. Clean and cut with caution: Clean the rim, then with the cutter make a cut in the part where the tread and the rim band meet, the purpose is to cut everything around the tread. This cut is similar to when we open a can of tuna.
3. Remove the band: Once you cut the edge, remove the entire band from the rim and save it, as it will then be used to make the base of the planter.
4. Turn the rim: Place it on the ground and turn it, this so that the inner part of the rim (which is smoother) is now as the outer part and makes painting easier.
5. Place the band as a base: Take the band you cut in step 2 and place it under the rim as a base. Once there, secure with screws (you can use a drill or a screwdriver).
6. Paint and decorate: In this step, you can use all your creativity, you can choose a variety of colors, designs and, in addition, it is the step in which the youngest of the family can be included to collaborate and be part of the process of creation of the planter.
7. Convert it into a pot: Put it in the desired place and fill it with enough soil to later include the plant of your choice.
Here you can see the step-by-step video of how to use the tires.
The Mazatlan Post